What is the Role of the Case Manager?
The role of the Case Manager will include:
- Assessing the client’s abilities and needs before
commencement of rehabilitation, and on an ongoing basis
thereafter, to ensure that service provision remains
- Coordinating input from therapists and other
professionals and organising regular multi-disciplinary
review meetings. Preparation and distribution of minutes and
- Identification and resourcing information to prepare an
individual portfolio for each client.
- Working closely with the client and family to ensure
that ongoing and future changing needs are met.
- Building professional links with education and employers
- Recruitment, supervision and monitoring of support
staff, providing training on all aspects of brain injury and
organising multi-disciplinary training.
- Assisting with obtaining, and reviewing, Statements of
- Liaising with the Disability Employment Advisor and
organising application for statutory benefits and future
- Assisting with resourcing of specialist equipment in
conjunction with an independent occupational therapist and
facilitating arrangements to try items under their